Monday, January 04, 2010

Take Out the Papers and the Trash!

There is a reoccurring theme here and sounds like I'm not alone. The conversation lately with some of my friends has revolved around cleaning out the house! How does it happen that so much STUFF accumulates in our home? Tom will tell you the answer...I'm a pack rat! haha Its hard when you never want to waste anything. I always think to myself, I can't throw that away! I can find a use for it! Well...7 times out of 10 I don't. It just sits.

I do have to pat myself on the back though and tell you that I used a lot of stuff for Christmas this year. I used fabric scraps and scrap paper to wrap presents, I used ribbon scraps for our Christmas party favors, paper scraps for the tags, and so much more.

Anyway, back to the point! Right after Christmas I set out on a mission, to organize our house and clear out all the stuff! The bathroom, the kitchen, the bedrooms, all of it! When I started cleaning out our kitchen drawers I found 4 whisks! Who needs 4 whisks?? I kept 2 and that is plenty. I even organized under the kitchen sink where all the junk seems to breed. No nook or cranny is safe here people. Its all getting a make over! I still have lots to do but the ball is rolling pretty fast! :)

Maybe this year we'll (more like I'll) keep the clutter under control? I suppose that means I have to change doesn't it? A New Year's resolution I suppose. :)

Best of luck to the rest of you also in organizational land! :)

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on wanting to be organized. My big thing has been the attic where I can't find anything. I've been getting shelves at Home Depot and organizing, organizing, organizing!!! You would not believe the number of empty cardboard boxes up there, what am I saving them for??? Happy organizing Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete