As I put the Christmas decorations away today, I did reflect on the year. I thought about the negative things that had happened in 2009...my dad being diagnosed with esophageal cancer, being laid off from a job I loved, the struggles of finding a new job which continue to this day, having to put our 19 year old cat Smokey down and a few other woes here and there.
I thought about the positive things...my dad being cancer free, being able to stay home with Gloria, spending more time with Tom, starting a new business, growing closer with some friends and family, Tom continuing to be employed :), the babies born this year, the weddings, our supportive family and friends, and the list truly does go on.
I had thought to myself at one point, 2009 really was a terrible year!! I can't wait for 2010!! But...really...once I truly thought it through, it wasn't a bad year. Sure, there were days that were tough and didn't feel so good but when I look back on 2009, I hope I'll think about what we were blessed with. I have to keep in mind that the sweet isn't so sweet if you don't know what sour tastes like:)
Good year, bad year, whatever...the part I love is that each new year brings a fresh start! A clean slate and so many wonderful opportunities. Cheers to 2010!! Who knows what is in store for the McDonald family but we're excited to find out!

Happy New Year from our family to yours!!
Perhaps there will be another little McDonald in the new year? =)
ReplyDeleteHaha...who knows what the new year will bring:)
ReplyDeleteI've missed you KC!! Happy New Year! I hope your year has started off well!