Our weekend consisted of white and green.
The white portion was on Saturday. A wedding of course! :) We attended my good friend Mike's wedding at the Colonial Hotel in Gardner, MA. It was a beautiful event! We had a great time at the reception. We sat with some fun people! One couple had 8 kids!! I was in awe! The kids ranged in age from 7 to 14. Wow!! Another guest at our table that I really enjoyed talking with shared with me that she has Celiac Disease. We chatted quite a bit about the allergy. I am somewhat familiar with celiac seeing that my best friend Liz has it as well as my uncle, cousin and Tom's sister-in-law. Seems like it is a lot more common these days. However, this poor girl is also allergic to peanuts and eggs! That means her menu items are really limited.
Its always interesting to see who you are paired up with at a wedding when it comes to seating arrangements. I remember how difficult it was to put together the seating chart when we were planning our wedding. You really want everyone to have a nice time and enjoy the people they sit with. Sometimes it works out well, other times it doesn't. I have to say, I was really happy with the group we sat with. We really enjoyed everyone. It was wonderful evening!
The green portion of our weekend was the Green Living Show in Greenfield at the Fairgrounds (right around the corner from us). We browsed the booths and picked up some information on making our home more energy efficient. One thing that caught my attention was the insulation made from recycled newspapers. So cool! We aren't planning any home renovations this year but its good to have the information for when we are ready.
While we were checking out the show, we also ran into some family and friends...bonus! Tom's cousin Kerri and her girls were there along with Kerri's mom Linda. A little later we bumped into Barney, Shannon and their girls. It was fun to visit with everyone!
It was a beautiful day to be outside!! I hope this weather sticks around for a little while. Actually, I'm more worried about what the weather will be like in Florida in a week. We are headed to Florida for a family vacation next Saturday. We want warm, sunny days while we are there!
So that was our white and green weekend. We hope your weekend was a good one, whatever color it was:)
No comments:
Post a Comment