...bring May flowers. So we hope!
Spring brings lots of things. First for us is yard work! Even with the rain, we've had a few good days with sun and warm temperatures to start getting our yard in shape. We have lots, and I emphasize LOTS, of leaves to rake up! Hard to believe that we raked last fall. You would never know! Once the leaves are taken care of, I can start working on my flower garden. Last year I didn't have much time for gardening...with a newborn and all:) I'm also hoping to start up a vegetable garden this year. There is nothing better than fresh veggies!
Spring also brings golf! Tom's favorite! Although, I'm not sure which he loves more...golf or hunting? Tom went with his dad a few days ago to the driving range. Tom will be starting a golf league in a few weeks. According to Tom, he has a lot of warming up to do! I'm excited that he will be getting out there once a week for golf league. It will be good for him but ONLY if he wears sunblock!! :)
In other news, as of March 31st, all Wondertime employees were officially unemployed. I am no longer getting paychecks from the Mouse (Disney that is). We were all getting paid up until this point (something we are all very grateful for). We said our final good-byes to the people and the office where we shared so many wonderful memories during the 3 years of publication. It was a very sad day to say the least! It continues to be very hard for all the Wondertime peeps. Its especially difficult to see so many talented individuals struggling to find jobs. Only a few people so far have found new jobs. It makes me so angry and very sad!
Its depressing looking for a job when I was perfectly happy where I was. After I found out I no longer had a job (as of January 22), I had waited a few weeks before searching for something new. I needed some time to process the whole situation. I finally started looking and had no real luck. I applied for a few jobs but obviously, nothing has worked out thus far. Just recently, Tom and I decided that I will stay home this summer and spend time with Gloria. I don't know when I might get another chance like this so we feel this is a good opportunity. I'll continue to job search but will focus mainly on time with my daughter.
I would love to be a full-time, stay-at-home mom but that isn't possible in the long run. It would be great if I could find another job I love just as much, or even almost as much as I loved Wondertime. We'll see. Come fall, I will enter the job searching frenzy full-time and just pray that something wonderful will be available. In the meantime, I'm going to treasure every fabulous moment this summer with my sweet GEM. I can't wait to start making some fun summer plans!!
You will love having the summer off with Gloria! Although it is very sad to lose a job you obviously loved so much, you will certainly treasure this time you can be at home with Gloria. I hope you find something you enjoy this fall. {{hugs}}
ReplyDelete