Dreams have always amazed me. Its like we live this whole other life while we are sleeping. I've always had very vivid dreams. When I was younger, my dreams were more fantasy-like and magical. I remembered them like they were actual events that took place in my life. It seemed like I had dreams all the time. In reality, I just remembered more of them than I do now.
I remember one reoccurring dream I used to have. When I was a kid, I had a fear if the ocean and sharks. I would dream that the downstairs to our apartment where we lived turned into the ocean which was infested with sharks. For years, it seemed, I had this dream the night or several nights before we would take a trip to the beach. Of course, I haven't had that dream in years...guess I've overcome those fears:)
As an adult, I don't remember quite as many of my dreams, maybe one a week. The ones I do remember continue to be quite strange and elaborate. I wish I had kept a dream journal over the years. I should probably start one. I'm told that while you are pregnant, you can have some pretty funky dreams. I haven't had any that are funkier than usual but we'll see what happens.
On Sunday, my aunt Kathy and I visited a visual exploration of someone else's dreams. We went to the photographic exhibit by Susan Kae Grant called Night Journey at The Hallmark Museum of Contemporary Photography in Turners Falls. It was amazing! Her photographs were so interesting! My favorite part was the installation, large nylon panels with silhouettes. Walking through the exhibit made you feel as though you were inside someone's dream. To see pieces from her work, visit Susan Kae Grant's Website.
It was fun to go with my aunt! She loves photography! We had a nice afternoon together and ended it the perfect way...with ice cream! :) Our favorite!
Hmmmm this blog sounds like it could be a good "About Us" for a future artcile in Wondertime. Pregnancy dreams anyone? Make sure you write down you went to that exhibit for your goals! :)
ReplyDelete