Do you recall my resolution? - Eliminate the Pack Rat - Okay...I know I'm a pack rat and this is something Tom will agree with. Besides, our house is too small...when we get a bigger house then I can revert back to my pack rat ways;)
This has been a struggle for me for many years. I like to save things, that is no secret. I have a hard time letting go. Well, you know, I might need it someday! Yeah, right! Goodness, I still have stuff stashed away from when I was in high school. I have a difficult time separating what I should keep and what I shouldn't...so I just keep everything. But get this...I can't stand clutter! I am pretty sure I have OCD and it seems to me that is sort of a conflict of interest, right? I know, I'm odd...but I have no shame in admitting it:)
Okay, so this past week has been a 'out with the old' week. I have 'cleaned house' so to speak. I am starting a new job and for some reason I feel the need to clean the slate, start fresh, not only in my career but at home and in my personal life. I must admit, it feels good! I still have more to go through but I think I am off to a great start.
Happy Saturday everyone! Make sure you check out today's song below:)
Ruthie I am the same way. When we moved I got rid of boxes and boxes full of old junk that I was still hanging on to. It was so hard to part with it all though. Thankfully Joe doesn't have that problem so he was able to throw it all in the trash and actually be happy about it.
ReplyDeletehaha! You should have SEEN all the crap I had managed to acquire in the 4 and a half years I have lived in CA! I moved here with pretty much my clothes and that's it. I don't even know where I got all of the "stuff" that was invading my space! When I moved in with Bobby in November, I was forced to get rid of everything and it felt so good! Putting two people and their stuff into a smaller space than what I was currently living in ALONE...it was a necessity. And I haven't missed one single thing that I got rid of!!! Happy purging. (and good luck starting the job!!!)
ReplyDelete