So much has been going on this past week and weekend that I couldn't possibly get it all into one post without putting you all to sleep:) So...I will just post about our weekend for now.
For a while now I've been trying to make it out to visit my friend Jessica who lives out by Boston. I was finally able to go this past weekend. Jessica is one of the few friends from high school that I am still really good friends with. We aren't able to get together often but we always have a great time when we do. We had fun reminiscing about the 'old days' and at one point, Jessey even took out the yearbook...that was interesting! :) In between walking down memory lane, we had a chance to go shopping, an activity that never gets old;) Jess introduced me to the Crate and Barrel Outlet in Woburn...okay, that was a mistake! Hmmm...I think I may have to make more trips to Woburn:) Anyway, after some serious shopping, we headed to a local restaurant called Tanner Tavern for dinner and live music. SO fun! Jess and I met up with her cousin and some of her friends, a great group! It was girls night out and we had a blast! I have some pictures to post but can't get them to work right now so I will try another time.
On Sunday, I made it back to town just in time to head over to Tom's cousin's house for some sugar on snow...YUM! Actually, since there wasn't any snow, we had maple syrup on ice cream instead. Tom's cousin Kerri and her husband Gabe built a sugar house over the summer so they were in full maple syrup mode. It was so cool to watch the process. And, of course, we got some maple syrup to take home. Tom and I will have to try to make it to another sugar on snow event some day. I remember going with my parents when I was younger...loved it! A great family activity.
Since Tom had Sunday off, we were able to spend some time together which is always nice. I miss my hubby during the week, so when he has a weekend off, I value the time we have together so much. We watched The Holiday, a must see movie! We definitely recommend it! Such a great flick!
Well, before I go, Tom and I want to wish Michelle a Happy Birthday!! We hope your day was a special one. We also want to wish Mason Stanley Karpinski a Happy Birthday!! KC and Joe gave birth to a healthy baby boy today at 5pm. I will be heading over to see him tomorrow night...I can't wait.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment