Our family is growing! Last week we welcomed our newest little member of the family, an 8-week-old kitten to our home. She is super sweet and we are so excited she is here!
A few weeks ago, my cousin Heather had put a question out about someone taking in a kitten. She was going to be fostering a kitten for a bit until she found a new home for her. After Tom and I talked about it, we decided that we wanted to see if the kitten would be a good fit for our family. I took Gloria and Leo up to visit and meet the kitty before we committed to taking her. Gloria was very sweet with her! She was all smiles when she was holding the cat. She didn't know that we were possibly going to bring her home. Leo, on the other hand, wasn't very impressed! I think the kitten's quick moves and spunk freaked him out a bit. :)
Of course, after meeting the kitten, we just had to have her! Tom picked her up from Heather last Sunday afternoon. When Tom walked into the living room with the kitty, Gloria was so surprised! She couldn't believe this kitten was hers! When we told her she could name the kitten, right away, she said she was going to name her Gilbert! Haha No clue where that came from! I told her she didn't have to come up with a name right away, I said she could think about it. She then put her finger up to her chin and said "Hm, let me think. Aha! I got it! Her name should be Jessie Girl!" It was too funny! She made up her mind and that was her name.
So Jessie Girl has been welcomed into our hearts and our home. We are all thrilled she is here! Leo has even warmed up to her too. Today he was playing with her, tossing some toys around for her to chase. Jessie is so sweet and, of course, she loves to play! Thank you so much Heather for bringing this little kitten into our lives!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment