Monday, September 27, 2010

Life is Sweet

We've had a great couple of weeks! We've been apple picking, leaf peeping and just came back yesterday from a mini vacation to Maine. The weather has been beautiful and we've been taking advantage of our time together.

I've said this to many people this summer but I'll say it here too... When you have a young child, each thing you do each year is really the first time for them. For example, we went apple picking last year but Gloria doesn't remember it. We did it again this year and, for her, it was the first time! She was in love! The same for many other things. I just love how fresh and new each adventure is to her!

The same goes for Maine. Last year we enjoyed a long weekend in Scarborough, Maine and this year, we would enjoy another trip together! Gloria had been before but this year was a completely different experience for her. She really is at a fun age! Seems like I say that at every stage though. ;)

This year, we had 4 days up in Maine instead of 3. It was perfect! Gloria was extra excited about going. We told her Wednesday night we were going on vacation at which point she packed up her own little backpack and was ready to go! We didn't get on the road until about noon on Thursday but she kept asking about going on vacation from the time she got up in the morning until we finally got on the road. This kid was ready for V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N! I can't say I blame her! :)

Perhaps my most favorite memory from the weekend was Thursday night. Tom and I took G to the beach in the evening to walk around. It was low tide and there was plenty of beach to walk on. There were hardly any other people there.

Before we left, I decided not to take my camera. I wanted to be fully submerged in the moment. After all, this was Gloria's first time at the ocean this year, I wanted to enjoy it to the fullest! The last time we had been was when we were in Maine last year! I regret not taking my camera of course. The evening was so sweet and so beautiful, I hate that I wasn't able to capture it on "film!"

The joy of watching my husband and little girl experiencing the beach was beautiful! The look on Gloria's face was priceless! Her and Tom ran up to the waves and would then run away so as to avoid the waves "catching" her. She was in heaven! Her giggles were contagious! :) It may sound very blasé but for me, it was perfect. The joy we experienced that night is forever tattooed into my mind. I suppose if I had my camera I would have been too busy taking photos to completely appreciate the moment. :)

We were sad to see our vacation come to an end. We had an amazing time with our friends and each other! As sad as we were though, it is always nice to come home. :)

I am working on editing the many photos I took from these past few weekends. Vacation pics and more stories coming up soon. Until then, enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment