I've now had a few "nudges" to post this recipe so I suppose I should share it. :)
I made this salad for Gloria's party last weekend. Her party was strawberry-themed so this salad was perfect to offer as a food choice. To be honest, I got the recipe from work so I can't take credit for it. They had a luncheon a few weeks back and sent around the recipe because everyone loved it! As soon as I had some at the luncheon, I knew I was going to make it for G's party. Now its time for me to share it with you! :) Super easy and a big hit!
I doubled this recipe to make enough for about 20 adults and it was perfect. So this amount would feed a family very comfortably and still have some leftover.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Baby Spinach (one package)
Sliced Strawberries (1 Pint or you can use more like I did because you can never have enough strawberries!)
Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp Sesame Seeds
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp minced onion
Whisk together
You can either pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve. Or...you can do what I did and serve it in a bowl next to the salad so people can take what they want.
This is an amazing summer salad recipe and I love that it is different and has strawberries! AND its fairly good for you. Minus the half cup of sugar. :)
Sometimes being a pest pays off... THANK YOU for sharing this. Can't wait to make it tomorrow!! :)
ReplyDelete