Saturday, we participated in the annual St. Patrick's Day dinner at the Elk's club. Our first time attending such an event. The menu, of course, was corned beef and cabbage. Being Irish doesn't mean you necessarily like this dish though. I do not! haha Tom picked on me most of the night because I didn't realize the meal consisted of only corned beef and cabbage! Hm. I think I should have eaten a little something before we went. I filled up on rolls and potatoes instead. :) Everyone else raved about the meal though. Its one many people look forward to. It was a very well put together dinner!
We joined some good friends at the dinner and had a fun night out! Some enjoyed the food and the music and some of us just enjoyed the company.
One topic of conversation always seems to creep up when we are out with our friends...reminiscing about years past. I find that its important to live in the present BUT, I love to talk about "the old days" haha! We've had some seriously fun times! Goodness how things have changed. All for the good though. Liz and I couldn't believe that this year marks our 5 year wedding anniversary with our hubbies. Wow!! 5 years!!
In the spirit of St. Patrick's day and speaking of the past, here is a photo of Tom dressed like a leprechaun for Halloween one year. This was way back in 1999!! Tom and I had just started dating. He's going to kill me for posting this photo!! Hehe But, after all, he is my lucky charm:) And the tallest leprechaun you'll ever see!!

In addition, here is a little Irish blessing that we'll leave you with. Have a fun St. Patrick's Day!!
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, the foresight to know where you're going, and the insight to know when you're going too far.
That is an AWESOME costume!!!! I love it!
ReplyDelete