Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Hills are Alive

I love love love The Sound of Music! I've watched the movie more times than I can count. Its one of my favorites, next to Anne of Green Gables! :) When I saw The Von Trapp Children Singers were going to be at Yankee Candle, I had to go. I took Gloria with me because I knew she'd enjoy it as well. She loves music!

What a treat! They sang some of the tunes from the movie but also mixed in a variety of their own songs. They sang an anthem song they learned while they were in Rwanda and although you couldn't understand the words, it almost brought me to tears it was so beautiful! Visit their website to hear the song. It plays right on the home page. So touching!

If you are familiar with The Sound of Music, these children are the great grandchildren of the Captain Von Trapp. They are all siblings and are all very talented. I could have stayed to listen to them all day.

I took some video of one of my favorite songs, Do Re Mi. I sing this song to Gloria at night before bedtime. She loves it! I apologize the video is a bit shaky. Gloria was on my lap and I was trying to hold the camera up over people's heads to film. A bit of a juggling act:)



I think I'll watch the movie tonight:) Tom is going to watch football at Corey's tonight so a girl's flick it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment