Our friends Matt and Tricia invited a group of us to spend a few days at Matt's parent's place in Scarborough, Maine. They plan this trip every year. This was the first year Tom and I have been able to go. What a treat! Matt and Tricia are pretty amazing people; especially to invite so many people (including 7 kids!) to spend a few days with them during their vacation.
Tom and I decided to go up on Friday. We took a nice slow, very scenic drive through New Hampshire up to Old Orchard Beach. We even stopped for a picnic. This is one of our favorite things to do...to take the scenic route. We aren't always in a rush to get to our destination especially when there are so many beautiful areas in New England.

Some photos from our picnic
Once we got to Scarborough, we were excited to see everyone and to check out the house. What a gorgeous place! It was an old farm house they renovated into a two unit house. It was huge!! And a short walk to the beach, which was nice. There were 19 people altogether for this mini vacation. We all had a great time! We are so very lucky to have amazing friends! I don't think we could vacation with just anyone. This group really is a fun group!
The vacation consisted of shopping, eating (big lobster and steak dinner on Saturday...mmmm!), playing cards, relaxing, playing with the kids, and so on. We all managed to spend time together with the group as well as go off on our own.
Tom, Gloria and I took a little bit of time on Sunday, our last day, to walk on the beach. It was so warm outside and the light was amazing! I had fun taking some pictures:) Lots of sun flare stuff too. It was Gloria's first time actually getting to enjoy the ocean. She really had a fun time running around on the beach. There weren't many people so it made it very intimate and such a special time for us as a family.
Here are some of our favorite photos from the beach.





Of course, I took photos during the rest of the weekend. I always think afterward that I should have taken more but...I still have plenty:) Here are just a few.


Big thanks going out to Matt and Tricia for allowing us to be a part of their vacation! We really enjoyed ourselves! What a special weekend it was!
Visit our Maine 2009 album to see all the photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment