Only 3 days until my due date!! Seems like the 27th was so far away but it truly has come around quickly. As I grow and become increasingly more uncomfortable though, the days have really started to drag. I think I've already said this BUT, I'm so ready to have this baby! I know many of you moms out there know exactly what I'm talking about!
I had a Doctor's appointment this past Monday and, if you remember from my last appointment, I was 90% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Well...there was not much change since then. I was a bit more dilated but not even 2 cm yet. You GOT to be kiddin' me! I was so sure I had dilated more! It was quite discouraging to get that news. I know I can't count on things going quickly but you just can't help but get your hopes up that something will happen soon. I let my emotions get the best of me and got quite upset after my appointment. I surprised myself in how upset I was about this. I guess you just start to get so anxious towards the end. We have another appointment on Wednesday. We'll see what happens.
Anyway, Thursday was my last day at work. They had a nice party for me...yummy cake and lots of wonderful gifts for baby mac. It was really sweet of them! It is nice to be done but I am sad at the same time. I will miss everyone at work and being part of the next few issues of the magazine. It will be strange to go back after my maternity leave. I will miss out on so much!
Obviously though, I will be tending to much more important things...our sweet baby! I'm sure the time will go by quickly because we'll be very busy. Tom will get to be home all summer as well. Not many new moms get to have their husbands home with them during the first few months of baby's life. We are very lucky! Tom will be such a good dad! I know he will be a huge help! We'll make a great team!
I'll try to keep you posted a little more often so you won't have to wonder whether or not I've gone into labor:) Since I am not working right now, I suppose I will have more time for blogging.
I have an appt on Wednesday too! Maybe we'll bump into eachother.. I think mine is at 11 but I'm not sure off hand. So Tom is off all summer too? That's awesome - those extra set of hands will be very helpful!
ReplyDeleteThinking about you everyday!!
ReplyDeleteSee you Thursday! ;p