Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finally!! Some Photos!

Pregnancy: February 1st we go to get a sneak peak at baby mac again. What an unbelievable experience! Baby was quite active during this ultrasound visit. Seeing the baby move makes me laugh every time! I don't know what it is. You would think, me being the emotional person I am, that I would be reduced to tears each time I see our baby on the screen but that isn't the case. I am filled with so much excitement and joy that I can't help but laugh! I guess each person has their own way of reacting. I suppose I am saving it all for the day of baby's arrival...I KNOW I will weep like a baby on that day!

Anyway, the technician was able to get all the pictures she needed. Normally, we wouldn't have had another ultrasound so close to together but they weren't able to get good shots of the baby's spine at the last visit. No problems this time around though.

Below are some pictures from our visit. I've also included some long overdue ultrasound pics from our last visit when I was 19 weeks pregnant. One of the funniest pictures, in my opinion, is the one of the foot. The technician says our baby has big feet, lol! I guess baby mac gets it from my side of the family:)


Week 23: Face


Week 23: Fingers


Week 23: BIG Foot


Week 19: Profile

Baby mac is doing very well! Everything looked great at my last appointment. The baby is moving around like crazy these days. As I type this, baby mac is kicking something fierce...it is so weird but very cool! At this point, the baby is about 8 inches long and weighs about a pound. On Tuesday, I will be 25 weeks (just over 6 months), crazy to think I'm so far along already! Time flies!!

I've also included some belly shots too. The latest ones (below) were taken at a friend's Mardi Gras party this past Tuesday. The rest you can see by visiting our Baby Mac Album. Please note, I do not wear the same white shirt all the time...seems as though every time we take belly shots of me, I'm wearing the same shirt. I DO have other clothes in my wardrobe, not many, but more than that darn white shirt! :)


Tom and I at the Mardi Gras party.


Me(due May 27th), Stacey(due May 10th) and Heather (due Feb. 15th...any day now!) all showing our beautiful bellies.

Getting ready for baby: We have lots to do before baby mac arrives. The nursery hasn't been put together yet but we are working on it. We have some items already but are trying to get the biggest item, the crib, very soon. Our biggest challenge is finding things for the baby's room that are eco-friendly. I can go into that another time but in a nutshell, we are trying to put together a 'green' room...not the easiest thing to do. We are doing our best to make our home a more earth-friendly, healthier place for ourselves and for baby.

Around the house: As I had mentioned way back before Christmas, we were planning to redo our bathroom. Well, the project started January 8th and is still going on today. We had some issues with our vanity arriving on time, something our vendor was responsible for. I will complain about that whole situation another day! Anyway, the vanity is finally here (in the middle of our kitchen in fact) and our contractor is coming Monday to finish things up . So far, the bathroom looks great!! We can't wait for it to be finished! Hopefully by next weekend we'll have some finished pics of the room.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:20 AM

    *FINALLY* some pictures!! Yay!! You look fabulous ~ just glowing! I was hoping that one of your u/s pics would give something of a money shot, but no such luck. LOL Looking at them I have my own "guess" but I will keep it to myself. :) Sounds like everything is going well, so great to hear!

    ReplyDelete