
Believe it or not, Faith, who is almost 6 yrs old, took the above photo. Yes...I'm already trying to mold her into my little protegee:)
BFF was something we used to scribble in our notebooks, book covers, or wherever. We even had the Best Friend necklaces with each of us owning a half. I still have mine as a matter of fact. It was a 'tag' of sorts back then but it truly means something to us still today. When I talk about Kimmy, I refer to her as my 'Best Friend.' She has always been that to me. She has earned that title. It may sound juvenile, or whatever, but I like letting people know who she is to me.

I've known Kimmy since I was 6 yrs old. She has been my very best friend for almost 25 years!! To me, that is pretty amazing. I love her like a sister. Her family moved away when we were going into our freshman year of high school...not the easiest time in either of our lives for such a drastic change. Her leaving changed my life...in both good and bad ways. I missed my best friend who I shared EVERYTHING with! There wasn't anything she didn't know about me. On the other hand, we were both so dependent on each other that we didn't have too many other friends. I mean, we did but we didn't. We lived right next door so we spent every day together and didn't make much of an effort to hang out with friends outside of our neighborhood.
After Kimmy left, I was forced into being more social and outgoing...making new friends. Making an effort to go outside the 'box.' I had a hard time opening my heart to new friends at first. I dwelled on the past a lot. However, I eventually allowed myself to be open to new friendships and I am so grateful for that because I have some pretty awesome friends! I wouldn't trade them for the world!! They have been such a blessing in my life.
Even though so many years have passed, Kimmy has remained my very closest friend. No matter how much time has passed since we have seen each other, we pick up right where we left off. As though we have always been right next door. I am grateful that we have remained such good friends over the years. I love Kimmy to death and her family too. I couldn't imagine not having her in my life.

Now you all know why I make it such a big deal when I know I'm going to go visit Kimmy. I was not only going to see my best friend, I was going to meet her newest addition to the family...Gracie Elizabeth. I cried as soon as I got to the house. It was overwhelming to see the baby. It also blew my mind to see Faith and Paul Jr.! They are so grown up! I hate that I miss out on so much of their lives. I am greedy...I want to be just a hop, skip and a jump from Kimmy and the kids (or is it a skip, hop and a jump...). I keep trying to convince them to move up here. Kimmy's husband is the nut that needs cracking and I will not give up!! :)



I took tons of pictures...as I know you all would expect of me! :) Go to Visiting Kimmy and Kids to see more.
Aww, what a beautiful little baby! Congrats to Kimmy! Great pictures, as usual. Now Ruthie.. you simply MUST have baby fever by now. When can we expect a little Tom or Ruth to arive? :)
ReplyDeleteKimmy is lucky to have you Ruthie!!! You are a great friend!!! The pics are so great and the kids are gorgeous! Glad to hear you had a good visit :) You look pretty natural with Gracie!!!
ReplyDelete