Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Cut Above the Rest

Sometimes I think I am looking to make my life more complicated. This morning I woke up and started off our Sunday morning as usual...I made coffee and egg and cheese bagels. Just before we were ready to sit down for a lazy Sunday morning, I managed to slice the top of my foot open. I had broken a bowl last night while doing dishes and I guess I didn't get all the pieces. How did I manage not to cut myself last night and do it this morning is a mystery to me!

Anway, I was walking around barefoot and stepped on something with my left foot. I intelligently wiped what I thought was a small stone off on the top of my right foot to get rid of it. Well...it was a pretty sharp piece of glass and it cut me pretty good. I took a look and knew I needed a few stitches. But first, we ate our breakfast (priorities people) and then headed to the E.R. Poor Tom, not his ideal way to spend the morning before he had to go to work. He was such a good sport though. It was nice to have him there with me for company.

Getting cut on dishes seem to be my MO. I've only had stitches twice in my lifetime and they have both been from a broken dish. The first time I had stitches was from washing a coffee pot. My hand went right through the bottom, slicing me pretty darn good. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but I must say that hurt like H*LL! Oh man! I ended up with 6 stitches on my thumb and 2 on my index finger...on my right hand mind you. The doctor said I was lucky because I barely missed the tendon and that would have been a lot worse! To top it all off, it happened during my last semester at UMass, right when I was working on my thesis. Not the most convenient time to do such a thing, especially since I was suppose to be spending time in the dark room working on my prints (lots of chemicals involved). I managed to get it all done though.

So...I've come to conclusion that dishes are dangerous!

Anyway, besides today's morning drama, things are good. Yesterday Liz and I went to see Knocked Up...what a great movie! I definitely recommend seeing it. So funny!! Visit their website and you can see what your baby could look like. Below is what our baby would look like, adorable right?! lol!! That is the face only a mother could love! :)


Saturday I also had a chance to go out and do a little tag saling which I hadn't done yet this year. Today I made some banana bread and worked on some stuff around the house. It's a good day for baking...a little cool outside. Much different than the 95 degree day we had yesterday...whew!

Before I go, I want to leave you with a quote I recently came across...I'm sure you've heard it before. I can't seem to get it off my mind.

"Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy it today you can do it again tomorrow." ~ James A Michener

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment