Friday, December 22, 2006

A Fabulous Birthday!!

Yesterday was my birthday and it was truly a great day! Actually, I was very fortunate to have had two days of birthday celebrations. Tom took me out Wednesday night to celebrate since we were having family over on Thursday. We had such a great night! He took me to Calamari's Restaurant in West Springfield for dinner. Neither of us had been there before and we were pleasantly surprised by how good it was! It had such a great dining atmosphere and the food was delicious! We had calamari for a starter and it was the best I've ever had!! Yum!


After dinner, we headed to Bright Nights at Forest Park in Springfield. What a beautiful display of lights! There are hundreds of lights and displays set up all over the park. I took only a few pictures of some of the displays. This event is actually voted one of the top 200 Holiday spectacles in the COUNTRY! Pretty neat! I've been before but it has been 8 years or so. This was Tom's first time. We got some hot chocolate at the gift shop and drove through the park while listening to Christmas music. It was wonderful!


After seeing the light displays, we were ready for dessert. We stopped at the Cold Stone Creamery over by the Basketball Hall of Fame...so yummy!! My eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach though because I couldn't finish it.

It was a great day with my hubby and he ended the night by giving me my present a day early, a beautiful pair of earrings. I love him so much! He made the day so special for me.

Thursday morning I woke up to hear a birthday announcement on the radio! Liz had arranged for our local radio station to wish me a happy birthday...it was so cool! It made me feel so special! It was the perfect way to start the day. Tom and I spent the rest of the morning baking, cleaning and prepping the house for our guests who were arriving at 6pm.

The party was a success!! I think everyone had a great time. All together we had 12 people for dinner. It was a great Christmas get together! It was a nice birthday get together too. My mom's birthday is the 21st as well and Irene's was December 7th so we celebrated all 3 birthdays last night. Everyone sang happy birthday to the three of us...the December girls! We even had our own little cupcakes complete with a candle:)

Happy Birthday Mom and Irene...the best "moms" a girl could wish for!!!


It was a great evening and the perfect way to spend our birthdays. We don't have many pictures to share but if you would like to see pictures from the party you can visit our Christmas Album. Tom took pictures at the house and some are from our night out on Wedneday.

No comments:

Post a Comment