The first great grandchild in our family is due to arrive on November 15th! My cousin Heather and her husband James, who were married a year ago in August, are expecting their first child...a girl!! I was the first grandchild for both sides of the family and I think it's pretty cool that the first great grandchild will also be a girl:)
I was very excited to have the opportunity to attend Heather's baby shower on Saturday, it was a lot of fun! Heather's mom and sister did a fabulous job putting a lovely shower together. It was held at the Stillwaters Restaurant in Charlemont, a perfect spot with a view of the mountains and river. Tom and I are so excited for both of them and can't wait to meet the little one! Congratulations Heather and James, you two will be fabulous parents!!
Tom spent Saturday morning in the woods in his quest for a deer. It was a very cold start to his day! He stuck it out until the afternoon, then headed back to the house. He came out empty handed but, of course, he will keep trying. He has jumped right into the hunting season...he gets up early to head out to the woods and then heads to work for 2:30, then starts all over again the next morning. He is a man with a mission! :)
Saturday night was mostly a low key night. Tom had the night off so we caught up on some much needed relaxation. We have been on the go for several weeks and just wanted to be home. It was really nice!
Sunday was a gorgeous Fall day. Tom took me to Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters for some coffee, yum, and pastries, yum yum! It was a beautiful day for a ride in the car even though it was a short trip. We didn't have much time since Tom was headed to the hunting camp to help with some cabin stuff and then he had to work.
After our short road trip, I headed to the mall with KC for some girl time and shopping. It was so much fun! We had a lot of catching up to do. She gave me updates on their baby (KC is 4 months along now) and we oohed and awed at baby clothing we came across...so cute! We also shared Disney stories since KC has been quite a few times AND that is where Joe proposed to her over 5 years ago. Lots of great memories!
So...my ultimate mission at the mall (besides social time with KC) was to find a dress for Erin's wedding next weekend. In my quest, I found the styles to be...how should I say...unusual?! It seems like designers are catering to teenie boppers. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find a nice, conservative dress for a wedding. I don't know about some of you ladies but I found the shopping experience frustrating. We saw some pretty hideous outfits at the mall. Is it just me?
I did find a dress though. Actually two dresses...both on clearance...woo hoo, gotta love that!! It was a tough search but I am very pleased with what I found, considering the selection that was out there!
Anyway...we hope your week is off to a great start! Only 3 more days until the weekend!! :)
I had so much fun at the mall. All that baby talk... I think you guys will be next!!
ReplyDelete